Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Hello there to you all! it is a beautiful Spring day here in Velille. The rains have begun, and things are turning green again. I really have a hard time believing the calander when it says the end of October, as it feels like May! Well, just wanted to let you know we finally got around to putting captions on the pictures from our time in Cusco, as well as the most recent house pictures, so you can go back and look at them if you want! Samuel says some funny things these days as he is learning to think and speak for himself! Yesterday Susanna brought a big black beetle upstairs to show us, and Samuel, with a big smile and sparkling eyes, said, "Mama! May-I-hold-that-nasty-thing?" I laughed! Then today he was whining, "Mama-Maama-Mama!" I whined back "What?" With a glare he said, "I - don't want you talk to me in that cry voice!" When he kept on whining, Gordon asked, "What do you want Samuel?" Apparently he thought it was an open ended offer - after a thoughtful pause he proclaimed his wants loudly: "Candy!" :)

1 comment:

Crosswhite said...

Hello Gordon and Betsie !
It was such a nice surprise to "see" what changes have been taking place with your family and God's work ! I admit it has been a while since I checked your site here and I am so happy for your family ! They are beautiful and you all look radiant from the Lord's presence in your work ther ! The children would LOVE to come help you build your "mud" house :) Blessings to all !
The Crosswhites ~